Friday, July 13, 2007

"Chades" Flamboyant Armadillo




For some reason when I heard the words "flamboyant armadillo" I thought of the 80's charactor Rat Fink. I then thought about how I have never seen a live armadillo but I have seen armadillo-a-plenty dead on the side of the road. So I created a "flaming" giant armadillo in a steam roller out for revenge.
The second drawing is of a flamenco dancing armadillo. A few years ago I saw a jazz flamenco performance by Paco De Lucia and he had a dancer come out for a few songs. The dancer performed with flamboyance and gusto we americans rarely see. My armadillo has one advantage: He can play the castinets with his fingernails.

For more Flamboyant Armadillos go to Munchanka's site.

4 comments:

Moro Rogers said...

They are both really cool! I'd like a tattoo of the first image...

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Now that what I call flamboyant that's on crazy armadillo looks like u had a lot of fun with this one thanks so much for stoppin by and those kind words i'll try to have my armadillo's up soon hope all is good stay fresh as ever!!!

Linton

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Hey bro thanks so much for those super kind words just trying to get better an get those bad drawings out. I enjoy your sense of fun an look forward to seeing more of your works also hope your good stay super duper fresh !!!

Linton

Moro Rogers said...

Re: The new Cha Des thing, Leo Matsuda already gave us the adjective 'furry,' any ideas?