Thursday, August 30, 2012

Space at the Atomic Level


Here is a quick illustration / design I did after watching a cool science video called "The Power of Ten." Our everyday lives tend distract or make us overlook the reaches of our human understanding of the universe. Even though it is dated, from 1977, I think everyone should watch the video once a year to contemplate the intriguing nature of our universe.

"Power of Ten" video link

The concept of the design is that elements in our universe, vast and small, tend to repeat themselves. It uses images of our own solar system to make a play on the idea that solar systems, galaxies, and atoms all display similar properties. All photos used are public domain of the NASA.

Since Threadless tends to like scientific, or nerdy, designs, I submitted it there. I would wear it, so maybe I am a nerd too. Please go check it out if you get a chance:

Space at the Atomic Level - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

No comments: