Thursday, September 13, 2007

Momentum and Alphabet


Here is this weeks IF challenge. It is actually the last two weeks of IF, but I was out of town last week and really wanted to post my "Momentum" and "Alphabet," so here they are.
For "Momentum" I got to my Southern California roots and drew a surfer, which is something I have not done in years. Surfing involves momentum but the real reason surfing makes sense, for the subject, is that one of the greatest surf movies ever made was named "Momentum." It was the first of the a new generation of surf movies with punk music and no name surfers who became the biggest names in surfing. My dad is a surfer and so the surfer has grey hair: Old dudes can still kick ass in surfing.

2 comments:

Ester GarcĂ­a said...

Thanks again for your visit John!
As I see you still drawing for Illustration Friday, I want to participate someday if I can... I think that I need more time for draw!
Sorry for my bad English, ><

Kisses from Spain

Willie Baronet said...

I'm digging that wave. :-)