Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Blues: Part Two


This is the first image of the blues that comes to my mind when I think of the blues. A no name Song writer that wears his sunglasses 24 hours a day. He plays a mean rythmic guitar and howls from the soul. He just lost his job, his old lady, his dog, his car, his house and is on the verge of, or has already sold his soul. He whales on the porch of a considerate friend's house on an uncomfortable chair under a tin roof that clanks with the first drops of hard rain. The heart of the blues is not showmanship or the spotlight, it is the soul of a singer being poured out to God and whoever else will listen to his/her plea.

6 comments:

Larry Lee said...

This is grat also. Especially the description. You nailed it.

Anonymous said...

I can see this character living in my IF house too! Very well drawn!!

Ester GarcĂ­a said...

Ohh, nice Josh!
I like those trousers, realistic..

neilornstein said...

nice work

Tim Bye said...

Wow man - great work - really fabulous!

William K. Moore said...

Josh Thanks for stopping by the site earlier.. now I have a chance to follow-up at yours. Good solid drawing here which is always a refreshing thing to see. I respect the artist who has the drawing skills and demonstrates it in the work.