Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloween Mask




This a ceramic mask I finished last week that was bisque fired and painted with water colors. It is about 15 inches tall and weighs between 5 and 10 pounds. I have not made a mask in months, although it was something I used to do quite often. To see more check out my website at:


I thought this one was appropriate for "Trick or Treat" because it is kind of macabre and could be worn as part of a costume.

Please excuse the mediocre photo; although I think the lighting adds to the mood.

11 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

Thanks for stopping by josh...great work by the way..awesome mask.

Unknown said...

Nice Mask! I want to see it on your face!!Keep em coming!

NANCY LEFKO said...

very cool mask....thanks for visiting my blog. happy haunting !!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very cool. Making a mask must be fun! I like this.

Mary (Imagik)

Anonymous said...

Very cool mask! Could it be a giraffe?

Mike said...

Amazing work!

emilayusof said...

Great mask!

Have a great weekend & Happy Halloween,
emila yusof

wildharmonic said...

Very, very cool!

Diego Cobo said...

Beautyful!

Unknown said...

Sweet! Reminds me of something you might see during the pink elephants sequence from Dumbo.

Catalina Alvarez said...

Me gusta, me gusta, me gusta!
It reminds me Pascua island masks.
Cata